Monday, January 20, 2014

Ignorance is Bliss?!?!

Yes I am asking if Ignorance is Bliss?!?!?
 I have my 3rd PET scan this Thursday. Am I ready to get there at 9:30am drink that god awful drink, rest in a plastic recliner for approximately 30 minutes & then be moved in & out of the machine while I lay still on a metal table? All while I try to be as relaxed as possible?
 I am wondering if I am ready for the results??? I know it sounds strange but do I? I mean I have been through 4 rounds of chemo & for sure have 2 more. Did they work? Will the last 2 be more beneficial? Will all this poison kill the cancer cells inside? I am so hopeful that this round of treatments will be my last chemo treatments for quite some time.
 I know that this really might not make the most sense to everyone but I just had to get these thoughts out on paper (I guess I should say screen) & try to process them before the scan on Thursday. It's silly I know I should be used to having these types of tests done I mean I have had everything under the sun done to me this last year. But these PET scans do not get any easier! In fact I think they get a little scarier each time. Try thinking about being scanned, your entire body, & then seeing yourself on a computer screen days later with highlighted areas that are cancer spots. It's just plain crazy to me! But I am going to go with the most positive thoughts I can come up with & hope for the very best with my results on Monday! Thanks for listening to my ramble session tonight. (These thoughts might have seemed more organized at 3:00am but hopefully you get the idea)
Much Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment