Monday, January 27, 2014

PET Scan Results

 To start off today is my 35th birthday. Not sure where all this time has gone!!! But I couldn't be happier with where I am in my life!
 I got the best present this morning as well. Dr Manges came into my appointment & said that my PET Scan was "just fine"! What?!?!?!? Are you serious!!! I asked if anything was glowing on my body & he said no. I just couldn't believe it. I think that I am secretly still in shock!
 They said that the pain I was feeling in my right arm pit area & slight breast region was probably just swollen lymph nodes. So that explains why I am not feeling anything on the right side (since I don't have any lymph nodes there). Which was a great relief. I was super stressing about that pain!
 He wants me to meet with my Radiation Oncologist (Feb. 5th is my appointment) to see what he wants to do with the skin nodules. He is thinking that I will probably be starting radiation soon. And there is a possiblity of an extra 2 chemo treatments. Which at this point I am fine with. I want to make sure we get all of these cancer cells out of my body! I am ready for a healthy year!
 So even though I am having to sit here in the Oncology office on my Birthday I couldn't be happier with my news I recieved.
 Lucas & I are so thankful to all our friends & family for their support & all the prayers that have been said for our family. Please keep them coming because they are obviously doing their job! Keep the good news coming our way
Much Love,
Megan

1 comment: