Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Message From Lucas

Hello Everyone,

Megan has wanted me to update this blog for over a week now. I have, just in my head, probably over 100 times. The problem was, not one of the drafts felt like us. They contained way too much information about scans, tests, procedures, treatments, and more doctor's appointments than I care to remember.

So last night, I finally found the perfect ending to our story. It is us. Yesterday we started the process of hospice care. After the initial meeting, I was immediately relieved. We could finally get back to what we always wished for, always wanted, to be normal again. But what I couldn't tell, was how Megan felt about it.

See we have been fighting an uphill battle for over 13 months. Megan and I both knew it, there was little verbal conversation, we could see it in each other's eyes. This has led to a numb feeling that never leaves. Towards me she has been very distant, starting in November, when her health problems really started to increase.

Taking us back to last night. I was a little surprised. After I had helped her bathe and dressed her wounds. Megan asked me to hold her hand. So I did, it was amazing. I felt like we were back to where it all began, over 15 years ago. It was just us.

Thank you everyone, for everything you have done for us, we are now at peace.

Love always,

Lucas


* Please visit Megan's Rack Pack Facebook group for more information *


No comments:

Post a Comment